In my childhood days, I was forced to drink a glass of haldi doodh (turmeric added to milk) every time I fell sick and given its bitter taste, this drink was my biggest nightmare. Guess what. It’s the ‘new big thing’ this year!
What is golden milk? “Golden milk is a combination of the yellow spice turmeric along with coconut milk and/or coconut oil” (depending on the recipe you prefer).
Golden Milk is a wonderful beverage to have in the evening and the benefits are extraordinary.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric has natural antibiotic properties and milk is a rich source of calcium. The inclusion of these two natural ingredients in your everyday diet can prevent diseases and infections.
Here are some of the benefits of having turmeric milk every day:
- Turmeric milk Reduces Respiratory problems
- It Cures breast, skin, lung, prostate, and colon cancers.
- It protects from arthritis and stomach ulcers.
- It’s the best remedy for cold and cough
- It cures arthritis and treat swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis
- It gives quick relief from aches and pains, especially back pain
- It’s one of the excellent blood purifier
- It is an excellent source of calcium which is necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong.
- It is a powerful antiseptic that promotes intestinal health and treats stomach ulcers and colitis.
- Turmeric milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat and This can be useful in controlling your body weight.
- Having Turmeric milk on daily basis can reduce eczema, Insomnia Alzheimer’s
- It reduces Headaches.
How to Make Turmeric Milk at Home:
Making turmeric milk is the easiest process ever. Here’s the recipe:
You Will Need
- 1-inch raw turmeric (kachi haldi) piece/1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 glass of milk
- Honey (or any sweetener)
What You Need To Do
- Begin the process by dropping one-inch turmeric piece in a pan.
- Add milk and let it boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you want, you can add half a teaspoon of your choice of sweetener.
- Strain the milk and pour it into a glass.
- Drink this incredible drink while it’s nice and warm.